I realize it has been ages since I have posted on this blog. Instead of sitting in front of the computer, I have spent the summer experiencing gratitude with my family and friends.
But I have a reason for posting today, a simple reason: Someone shared this video with me and I just had to pass it along. I hope it adds a smile of to your day!
So, here is my summer gratitude list… so far. Much summer is still to come, and I am thankful (and will be thankful) for every moment!
Summer Gratitude List (so far):
- An incredible mission trip to Honduras with precious friends at Mission Lazarus. We experienced the blessing of building a cinder-block home for a father and his five children. We also distributed food to a number of families that will feed them for two months. The experience was humbling, and I felt honored to have the privilege of being with these families, sharing gratitude together.
- Time at the beach. Kids playing catch. Listening to the waves. Slowing down time together.
- Hanging out by the pool.
- Talking after dark.
- Long walks.
- Shopping and laughing with my teenage daughter.
- Ice cream.
- Girl’s night out.
- Being a pirate at our children’s VBS.
- Watching Mamma Mia two nights in a row with my sister and daughter.
- A weekend motorcycle trip with my husband and precious friends.
- My son drove for the first time ever today.
This summer is about savoring the simple things. Grateful!
I would love to hear what you are grateful for today. Please feel free to comment and share the love!
1 thought on “An Experiment in Gratitude”
Hi Jennifer, i just discovered your Blog and have read several this morning. How wonderfully creative, beautiful, and inspiring are your thoughts on gratitude. I listened to Jeff’s TEDx talk as well. 🙂 Kim Fredrickson’s book led me into your Blog. God’s blessings on your family! Doris